Hare, there, everywhere.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Hare today, gone tomorrow

The time between the last post and this one has passed in the blink of an eye, and I have a description in verse for it:

Headlong Slide

The rush of water flows unabated
To its unseen, inevitable end
And I flow with it, the course decided
Though hidden by the river's myriad bends

Buoyant, I do not clutch at anything
Lest I am torn away by force and hurt
For the wild currents are unforgiving
Can I hold out, as a creature of dirt?

But discomfort hardly lingers with me
Slights fast forgotten and lost in this pace
I see the quickness of my odyssey
Mirrored in shortness of breath from the haste

Is the ride of life all the more thrilling
For its breakneck speed into the unknown?
It is only deemed truly fulfilling
In joining others who journey alone

At travel’s end, the sights and sounds will fade
For the story to be grandly retold
All memories woven taut and displayed:
Good and bad forming a glorious whole

November 2022


But may it never be too much to pause to savour beautiful moments.

No comments: